Some food I’ve
expensedeaten at work the past month:
Slowly building up my Chicago doughnut repertoire… I’m coming for you, Doughnut Vault! (+︿+)
- Pistachio doughnut + variety dozen @ Stan’s in Wicker Park
- Dozen “doughscuits” (doughnut/biscuit hybrids) @ Endgrain in Lakeview
- Philly cheesesteak fried spring rolls @ Tradition during the CAN-USA men’s hockey semi-final game (that time the entire office took a 2.5 hour lunch because America!)
- Chicken avocado salad @ Goodwin’s
- A triple-decker roast beef, bacon, swiss cheese, and tomato sandwich on rye bread @ Perry’s Deli
- Some tech team bonding over sushi and sashimi @ Sushi Sai, because what better way to boost morale for late hours than limitless salmon rolls
- 1 cup (280g) Nutella
- 2 eggs
- 10 tbsp (62g) flour
- Put it in a bowl. Mash it up. Pour into a pan or muffin tin. Top with hazelnuts if you’re feeling extra fancy. Bake at 350F (180C) for around 30 minutes (less time for cupcake form, more time if the centers aren’t baked through).
- You might gain weight. This is really common because you start relying on carbs (bread, pasta) and high-fat proteins like cheese, so it would be a good idea getting to know well your protein sources and how to cook them.
- It takes time. Keep in mind that you’ve been feeding your body meat for…